New prayer request:
Suzi – Volunteer at Granby/ Suburban Park-Cataract surgery on March, 1.
Praise and Update:
That the special needs child that contracted COVID 19 and his siblings are all in good health.
Ongoing Personal Prayer Requests:
Ammie Kinsey-Team Leader Prayer for healing while battling cancer.
Pray for good health for Ethan & Ariel Anderson’s new baby to be born soon in Japan.
Pray for the son-in-law of one of the volunteers who was waiting on a visa to China. He received his visa but not his family. They are all here in the states seeking clear direction from God.
Hankins family-Continued prayer for Melissa and Rebecca’s ongoing recocery.
Pray for Alyssa (Robin Berns daughter ), a doctor in New York helping COVID-19 patients.
James Green, volunteer at Lakeview, has stomach issues and has been in the hospital.
Prayer request from Denise Jones, Team Leader for the Point O’ View GNC- please pray for my father who was admitted to the hospital on Friday for COVID-19, Pneumonia and dehydration.
STANDING PRAYER REQUESTS:
Tidewater CEF Committee:
A part time helper for Tracy Williams.
Prayer for Tracy as she prepares for CYIA this summer.
Someone to take over the treasurer position.
New committee members.
District Team Leaders Prayer Requests:
- God’s protection and His wisdom in reaching out to the clubbers and their families during this time.
- God’s anointing on those teaching the children the gospel message and that the children will realize God’s power through the lessons taught in each new unit.
- The Lord will give us wisdom in learning how to use Zoom efficiently in teaching the clubs.
- Parents will be open to allow their children to be a part of the Virtual Good News Clubs so that more children will attend the clubs and hear the gospel message.
- More volunteers to help with the Luxford GNC.
- God’s awakening for all.
- Unchurched children from the club will attend the sponsoring church.
- Power of the Holy Spirit (Zech. 4:6).
- Three more volunteers from Discover church for Hickory.
- Principal of Cooke Elementary to say yes to ASGNC.
- Favor with parents/kids to invite more kids to clubs.
- More unchurched kids to go to sponsoring churches.
- Trinity church oceanfront to sponsor Cooke Elementary.
- Pray for an unchurched family at Pembroke Elementary ASGNC Virtual who is considering joining Pembroke’s sponsor church. We are praying the whole family will be saved and plug into the church to grow in Christ.
- Praise that Everett and Matthew raised their hands to believe in Jesus at Virtual ASGNC. We pray that God will give our team discernment and wisdom as they counsel these boys.
- Pray for the Foley family as they deal will a water leak and mold.
- Pray that parents will encourage kids to participate in clubs.
- Pray for new volunteers interested in getting involved in an ASGNC.
- Pray for good health for everyone.
- Pray that volunteers will remain committed.
- Pray for expansion (new clubs) through targeted churches and schools.
- Pray that our two literature distribution students will be able to join us on line.
- Pray that I stay connected with the leaders that are not part of the virtual clubs right now..
- Pray for a team leader for Granby Elementary once we return to on site.
- Praise for a ”chance” God meeting with a former Granby clubber over Christmas break, that lead to her (Cora) salvation.
- Pray for Caroline, one of our literature distribution clubbers ( and neighbor of mine) that is going through some difficult custody issues right now.. Mom is very open in asking me to pray, and asking me to explain spiritual things to Caroline, as ”You’re better at it than I am.”
- Pray for Pastor Mack Scott from Temple Baptist (sponsor of Willard Model Club when on site) who is going through some difficult heath issues right now.
Team Leaders, Prayer Coordinators, Volunteers and Children Prayer Requests:
- Greenbriar ASGNC prayer requests:
Ellen – Pray for more children to attend club meetings; for children doing virtual schooling.
Brianna – pray that everyone going back to school will be safe.
Ida – Pay for her daughter who hurt her ankle; pray for people across the country experiencing extreme weather conditions, many without power.
Terry- Pray for peace, comfort and healing for several friends battling several health issues.
Continued prayers for several friends who are seriously ill with COVID related illnesses,
Please pray for the husband and a family of a friend who passed away early Friday morning.
Pray for continued healing for the mother of one of the children who has been in the hospital and is now at home.
Pray that a child who is returning to school after a long absence, due to illness, will be able to establish relationships with his classmates.
Pray for a friend who fell and broke her leg in two places.
- Lakeview Elementary:
Jayden & Akira- pray for their Mom & Dad.
Akira – Pray for my uncle Cameron.
Sybil- Pray Mom feels better.
Keyasia- Pray for Mom.
Mary-Pray for Shirley Colden’s family and friends as they grieve her passing.
Gwen-Pray for friend Shorn who is in the hospital with COVID.
Lynn- Pray for healing, peace and God’s grace for volunteer teacher James Green. Also, peace and stamina for his wife Gwen.
Bettie-Pray for niece who works in a hospital to be protected from getting COVID.
Pray for wisdom, alertness and protection for son Jeffery as he gets acclimated to driving.
Pray for a friend whose son died from COVID.
Velma-Pray that our students will learn to love the Lord God with all their heart, soul, mind and strength.
Pray for unsaved family members and those with serious health issues.
Pray for the salvation of unsaved Chinese children and their families as they celebrate the lunar new year; pray for the persecuted church in China to remain faithful and encouraged by God’s Spirit.
- Norfolk Highlands:
Isabel and Julia- Pray for Uncle Mike, who injured his knee, for healing.
Pray for Isabel, she continues to miss her grandmother who passed away some time ago.
Katouri- Hope no one else gets the virus.
Lydia and Joel-Neighbor, Leah, fell off her horse and broke her arm. Pray for healing.
Praying for our kids to open their hearts to accept Jesus as Savior.
Praying for the children to return to clubs.
Pray that everyone will wear a mask and stay socially distanced to stop the spread of the virus
- Kilby Shores:
Rebekah Wise. Prayer for her cousin in college who is recovering from COVID.
Jeremiah Morrison. His father’s brother passed away. He wants prayer of God’s comfort.
- Point O’View, Hermitage, and Shelton Park:
More children to be motivated and attend VGNC’s from Shelton Park and Hermitage.
That the children will be faithful in attendance.
- Pembroke, Norview and Thoroughgood:
Pray for healthy 1st grandchild for Deanna & Don Ratz.
Pray for children to call on the name of the Lord and be saved.
Pray for those that are believers to hunger and thirst to know Him more.
Pray for the children to join the virtual club on time.
Pray for no technical difficulties.
- Suburban Park & Granby:
Sasha – pray for those impacted by the storm in Texas.
Cora – Mom has COVID – Cora Prayed to receive Jesus- Pray for her spiritual growth.
Isaac -Great Grandmother has COVID and his Aunt has cancer and COVID.
Alyvia- Prayed to receive Christ. Pray for her spiritual growth.
Suzi – having cataract surgery on March 1th.
- Corporate landing/Rosemont Forest:
Courtney-Her dad is in the military and in Texas until March.
Prayer for all of the families in Good News Clubs.
Essynce-She could see her cousin, her Grandma feel better, her Mom to have energy and time for Essynce.
That her friend would get along with her.
Layla- her sick Grandmother to get better, cousin to be safe, everyday be great for her family.
Christopher- Healing for Grandmother’s wrist.
Pray for the Holy Spirit to draw Christopher to Jesus.
Jayvion-Pray for his mom who has COVID; pray for his grandma’s friend, Elizabeth who has COVID.
Dohnivan-Pray for his foot. He woke up this morning and was hurting.
Ábygail-Pray that more parents will allow their children to join the Good News Club on Zoom.
The VGNC’s that launched:
Granby & Suburban Combined Woodstock
Luxford Corporate Landing & Rosemont Forest Combined
Douglas Norview, Pembroke & Thoroughgood Combined
Kilby Shores Hermitage, Point O’View & Shelton Park Combined
Norfolk Highlands Greenbrier Intermediate
Prayers and Praises for this week:
Pray school boards across the nation make decisions for the betterment of our children.
Pray that the herd immunity against COVID 19 will happen earlier than expected.
Again seven children attended this week.
One new child joined club.
Joy’s eye surgery was successful and she can see clearly.
Pembroke, Thoroughgood, Norview and General Participants:
8 children attended this week.
6 adults present.
Cora Prayed to receive Jesus on 1-28-21
Praise for a great start of our Virtual GNC.
Praise for a mom from the N/P/TH VGNC asking questions about the bible and churches to attend.
Lynn-brother and nephew recovering well from COVID.
Praise God that daughter has a new job working from home.
Praise God for His protection over daughter and for providing a good job for her son.
Six children in attendance this week.
Praise for the special needs child that contracted COVID-19 and his siblings are all in good health.
That the mother of one of the children who has been battling health issues is much better and has been able to return to work.
Brianna – thankful that she got to go back to school.
Laura- thankful for a return to good health for her cousins and grandparents who were sick.
Praise for GNC teachers who are plowing new fields using Zoom
“When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked bearth rule, the people mourn.”(Proverbs 29:2)
“I exhort therefore, that , first of all, supplications, prayers, intersessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings (Presidents), and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.” (1 Timothy 2:1-3)
Dring this difficult time in our country, coming from many directions, let us be thankful for where God has placed us and be vigilant to pray for those in authority over us.
Yours in Christ,