On this Valentine’s Day let us reflect on: “For God so loved the world…….” (John 3:16)
Praise and Updates:
The special needs child that contracted COVID 19 and his siblings are doing well. Mom and Dad are stilling dealing with symptoms of the virus. Please keep in prayer for healing.
Pastor Baines is doing much better in his recovery.
New Prayer request:
James Green, volunteer at Lakeview, has stomach issues and has been in the hospital.
Prayer request from Denise Jones, Team Leader for the Point O’ View GNC- please pray for my father who was admitted to the hospital on Friday for COVID-19, Pneumonia and dehydration.
Ongoing Personal Prayer Requests:
Ammie Kinsey-Team Leader Prayer for healing while battling cancer.
Pray for good health for Ethan & Ariel Anderson’s new baby to be born soon in Japan.
Pray for the son-in-law of one of the volunteers who was waiting on a visa to China. He received his visa but not his family. They are all here in the states seeking clear direction from God.
Hankins family-Continued prayer for Melissa and Rebecca’s ongoing recocery.
Pray for Alyssa (Robin Berns daughter ), a doctor in New York helping COVID-19 patients.
STANDING PRAYER REQUESTS:
Tidewater CEF Committee:
A part time helper for Tracy Williams.
Prayer for Tracy as she prepares for CYIA this summer.
Someone to take over the treasurer position.
New committee members.
District Team Leaders Prayer Requests:
- God’s protection and His wisdom in reaching out to the clubbers and their families during this time.
- God’s anointing on those teaching the children the gospel message and that the children will realize God’s power through the lessons taught in each new unit.
- The Lord will give us wisdom in learning how to use Zoom efficiently in teaching the clubs.
- Parents will be open to allow their children to be a part of the Virtual Good News Clubs so that more children will attend the clubs and hear the gospel message.
- More volunteers to help with the Luxford GNC.
- God’s awakening for all.
- Power of the Holy Spirit (Zech. 4:6).
- Three more volunteers from Discover church for Hickory.
- Principal of Cooke Elementary to say yes to ASGNC.
- Favor with parents/kids to invite more kids to clubs.
- More unchurched kids to go to sponsoring churches.
- Trinity church oceanfront to sponsor Cooke Elementary.
- Pray for an unchurched family at Pembroke Elementary ASGNC Virtual who is considering joining Pembroke’s sponsor church. We are praying the whole family will be saved and plug into the church to grow in Christ.
- Praise that Everett and Matthew raised their hands to believe in Jesus at Virtual ASGNC. We pray that God will give our team discernment and wisdom as they counsel these boys.
- Pray for the Foley family as they deal will a water leak and mold.
- Pray that parents will encourage kids to participate in clubs.
- Pray for new volunteers interested in getting involved in an ASGNC.
- Pray for good health for everyone.
- Pray that volunteers will remain committed.
- Pray for expansion (new clubs) through targeted churches and schools.
- Pray that our two literature distribution students will be able to join us on line.
- Pray that I stay connected with the leaders that are not part of the virtual clubs right now..
- Pray for a team leader for Granby Elementary once we return to on site.
- Praise for a ”chance” God meeting with a former Granby clubber over Christmas break!
Team Leaders, Prayer Coordinators, Volunteers and Children Prayer Requests:
- Greenbriar ASGNC prayer requests:
Ellen-continue healing for friends who have coronavirus.
For more children to attend club meetings; for children doing virtual schooling.
Caleb- pray for doctors and nurses that they don’t get sick so they can take care of people with the virus.
Terry- pray for peace, comfort and healing for several friends battling several health issues.
Julian-that the coronavirus will be over.
Terry- continued prayers for several friends who are seriously ill with COVID related illnesses; please pray for the husband and a family of a friend who passed away early Friday morning.
For continued healing for the mother of one of the children who has been in the hospital and is now at home.
That a child who is returning to school after a long absence, due to illness, will be able to establish relationships with his classmates.
- Lakeview Elementary:
Akira- pray for her Father’s eyes.
Jaydon- pray for mother.
Sybil- Pray Mom feels better.
Keyasia- Pray for Mom who is sad because her friend died.
Mary-Pray for Shirley Colden’s family and friends as they grieve her passing.
Gwen-Pray for friend Shorn who is in the hospital with COVID.
Lynn- Pray for wisdom for researchers of the COVID virus.
Bettie-Pray for niece Kelly who works in a hospital to be protected from getting COVID.
Velma-Pray for children in the Dominican Republic who are unsaved, homeless and orphans.
- Norfolk Highlands:
Isabel and Julia- Pray for Uncle Mike, who injured his knee, for healing.
Pray for Isabel, she continues to miss her grandmother who passed away some time ago.
Katouri- Hope no one else gets the virus.
Lydia and Joel-Neighbor, Leah, fell off her horse and broke her arm. Pray for healing.
Praying for our kids to open their hearts to accept Jesus as Savior.
Praying for the children to return to clubs in the new year.
Pray that everyone will wear a mask and stay socially distanced to stop the spread of the virus
- Kilby Shores:
Rebekah Wise. Prayer for her cousin in college who is recovering from COVID.
Jeremiah Morrison. His father’s brother passed away. He wants prayer of God’s comfort.
- Point O’View, Hermitage, and Shelton Park:
More children to be motivated and attend VGNC’s from Shelton Park and Hermitage.
That the children will be faithful in attendance.
- Pembroke, Norview and Thoroughgood:
Pray for healthy 1st grandchild for Deanna & Don Ratz.
Pray for children to call on the name of the Lord and be saved.
Pray for those that are believers to hunger and thirst to know Him more.
Pray for the children to join the virtual club on time.
Pray for no technical difficulties.
- Suburban Park & Granby:
Emma Rose – Dog is going to the vet. Her uncle Roger passed away last week.
Cora – Mom has COVID – Cora Prayed to receive Jesus- Pray for her spiritual growth.
Isaac -Great Grandmother has COVID and his Aunt has cancer and COVID.
Alyvia- Prayed to receive Christ. Pray for her spiritual growth.
- Corporate landing/Rosemont Forest:
Courtney-Her dad is in the military and in Texas until March.
Prayer for all of the families in Good News Clubs.
Essynce-She could see her cousin, her Grandma feel better, her Mom to have energy and time for Essynce.
That her friend would get along with her.
Layla- her sick Grandmother to get better, cousin to be safe, everyday be great for her family.
Christopher- Healing for Grandmother’s wrist.
Pray for the Holy Spirit to draw Christopher to Jesus.
Jayvion-Pray for his mom who has COVID; pray for his grandma’s friend, Elizabeth who has COVID.
Dohnivan-Pray for his foot. He woke up this morning and was hurting.
Ábygail-Pray that her parents get the part for their washing machine quickly because it flooded when their washer broke.
Pray that more parents will allow their children to join the Good News Club on Zoom.
The VGNC’s that launched:
Granby & Suburban Combined Woodstock
Luxford Corporate Landing & Rosemont Forest Combined
Douglas Norview, Pembroke & Thoroughgood Combined
Kilby Shores Hermitage, Point O’View & Shelton Park Combined
Norfolk Highlands Greenbrier Intermediate
Prayers and Praises for this week:
Pray for the potential of schools opening March 15th and the potential opening of ASGNC’s in the fall.
Pray for our state governments as they distribute the COVID-19 vaccines.
Again seven children attended this week.
One new child joined club.
Joy’s eye surgery was successful and she can see clearly.
Pembroke, Thoroughgood, Norview and General Participants:
8 children attended this week.
6 adults present.
Cora Prayed to receive Jesus on 1-28-21
Praise for a great start of our Virtual GNC.
Praise for a mom from the N/P/TH VGNC asking questions about the bible and churches to attend.
Lynn-brother and nephew recovering well from COVID.
Mary-good report from test.
Seven children in attendance this week.
That the mother of one of the children who has been battling health issues is much better and has been able to return to work.
Brianna – thankful that she got to go back to school.
Laura- thankful for a return to good health for her cousins and grandparents who were sick.
Praise for GNC teachers who are plowing new fields using Zoom
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” (John 1:1)
“And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.” (John 1:14?
“He was clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called the Word of God.” (Revelation 19:13)
Jesus Christ existed before creation, He is one with the Father and the Holy Spirit and is God. He is the Incarnate Word and the Bible (The written Word ) points to Him exclusively in the Old and New Testament.
Yours in Christ,