New Prayer request:
Pray for Shirley Colden’s family. Shirley (A volunteer at Lakeview) passed away due to her battle with COVID-19.
Cora at Suburban Park/Granby ask Jesus into her heart on 1-28-21
Ongoing Personal Prayer Requests:
Ammie Kinsey-Team Leader Prayer for healing while battling cancer.
Pray for good health for Ethan & Ariel Anderson’s new baby to be born soon in Japan.
Pray for God’s protection and provision of a work visa for the son-in-law of one of the GNC volunteers. He is in China desiring permission to live and continue his work there for God’s glory.
Hankins family-Continued prayer for Melissa and Rebecca’s ongoing recocery.
Jay Baines (Pastor at Great Bridge Free Will Baptist) is out of ICU and recovering with COVID-19. He is our contact for his church who co-sponsors one of our ASGNC.
Pray for Alyssa (Robin Berns daughter ), a doctor in New York helping COVID-19 patients.
STANDING PRAYER REQUESTS:
Tidewater CEF Committee:
A part time helper for Tracy Williams.
Prayer for Tracy as she prepares for CYIA next summer.
Someone to take over the treasurer position.
New committee members.
District Team Leaders Prayer Requests:
- God’s protection and His wisdom in reaching out to the clubbers and their families during this time.
- God’s anointing on those teaching the children the gospel message and that the children will realize God’s power through the lessons taught in each new unit.
- The Lord will give us wisdom in learning how to use Zoom efficiently in teaching the clubs.
- Parents will be open to allow their children to be a part of the Virtual Good News Clubs so that more children will attend the clubs and hear the gospel message.
- More volunteers to help with the Luxford GNC.
- God’s awakening for all.
- Power of the Holy Spirit (Zech. 4:6).
- Three more volunteers from Discover church for Hickory.
- Principal of Cooke Elementary to say yes to ASGNC.
- Favor with parents/kids to invite more kids to clubs.
- More unchurched kids to go to sponsoring churches.
- Trinity church oceanfront to sponsor Cooke Elementary.
- Pray for an unchurched family at Pembroke Elementary ASGNC Virtual who is considering joining Pembroke’s sponsor church. We are praying the whole family will be saved and plug into the church to grow in Christ.
- Praise that Everett and Matthew raised their hands to believe in Jesus at Virtual ASGNC. We pray that God will give our team discernment and wisdom as they counsel these boys.
- Pray for the Foley family as they deal will a water leak and mold.
- Pray that parents will encourage kids to participate in clubs.
- Pray for new volunteers interested in getting involved in an ASGNC.
- Pray for good health for everyone.
- Pray that volunteers will remain committed.
- Pray for expansion (new clubs) through targeted churches and schools.
- Pray that our two literature distribution students will be able to join us on line.
- Pray that I stay connected with the leaders that are not part of the virtual clubs right now..
- Pray for a team leader for Granby Elementary once we return to on site.
- Praise for a ”chance” God meeting with a former Granby clubber over Christmas break!
Team Leaders, Prayer Coordinators, Volunteers and Children Prayer Requests:
- Greenbriar ASGNC prayer requests:
Caelyn- pray for her aunt who is traveling.
Ellen-continue healing for friends who have coronavirus.
Caleb- pray for doctors and nurses that they don’t get sick so they can take care of people with the virus.
Terry- pray for a friend (And their family) who has been seriously ill for some time and is now under hospice care.
Julian-that the coronavirus will be over.
Kaeleb-that everyone will wear a mask.
For continued healing for the mother of one of the children who has been in the hospital and is now at home.
- Lakeview Elementary:
Akira- pray for her Father’s eyes.
Jaydon- pray for mother.
Sybil- Pray Mom feels better.
Keyasia- Pray for Mom who is sad because her friend died.
Mary-Pray for Shirley Colden’s family and friends as they grieve her passing.
Gwen-Pray for friend Shorn who is in the hospital with COVID.
Lynn- Pray for wisdom for researchers pf the COVID virus.
Bettie-Pray for niece Kelly who works in a hospital to be protected from getting COVID.
Velma-Pray for children in the Dominican Republic who are unsaved, homeless and orphans.
- Norfolk Highlands:
Lydia-Pray for the coronavirus to go away.
Continued prayer for Joy, Joe and Chris in doing the memory, lessons and leading the singing. Also, for Calvin as he does our Zoom meeting.
Praying for our kids to open their hearts to accept Jesus as Savior.
Praying for the children to return to clubs in the new year.
Pray that everyone will wear a mask and stay socially distanced to stop the spread of the virus.
Pray for Joy Williams who had eye surgery on Thursday, January 28, 2021.
- Kilby Shores:
Rebekah Wise. Prayer for her cousin in college who is recovering from COVID.
Jeremiah Morrison. His father’s brother passed away. He wants prayer of God’s comfort.
- Point O’View, Hermitage, and Shelton Park:
More children to be motivated and attend VGNC’s from Shelton Park and Hermitage.
That the children will be faithful in attendance.
- Pembroke, Norview and Thoroughgood:
Pray for healthy 1st grandchild for Deanna & Don Ratz.
Pray for children to call on the name of the Lord and be saved.
Pray for those that are believers to hunger and thirst to know Him more.
Pray for the children to join the virtual club on time.
Pray for no technical difficulties.
- Suburban Park & Granby:
Emma Rose – uncle Roger died.
Cora – Mom has COVID – Prayed to receive Jesus
Isaac -Great Grandmother has COVID
Alyvia- Prayed to receive Christ. Pray for her spiritual growth.
- Corporate landing/Rosemont Forest:
Courtney-Her dad is in the military and in Texas until March.
Prayer for all of the families in Good News Clubs.
Essynce-She could see her cousin, her Grandma feel better, her Mom to have energy and time for Essynce.
That her friend would get along with her.
Layla- her sick Grandmother to get better, cousin to be safe, everyday be great for her family.
Christopher- Healing for Grandmother’s wrist.
Pray for the Holy Spirit to draw Christopher to Jesus.
The VGNC’s that launched:
Granby & Suburban Combined Woodstock
Luxford Corporate Landing & Rosemont Forest Combined
Douglas Norview, Pembroke & Thoroughgood Combined
Kilby Shores Hermitage, Point O’View & Shelton Park Combined
Norfolk Highlands Greenbrier Intermediate
Prayers and Praises for this week:
Pray for an effective distribution of the vaccines by our state governments.
Pray for the countries around the world that do not have the resources we have to battle COVID-19.
Five children attended this week.
Had a party/get together for 6 children and 6 parents at Eastminister Presbyterian Church on 1-18-2021 (socially distanced and masked). Lesson on how to pray. 4 leaders present also.
One new child joined club today.
Pembroke, Thoroughgood, Norview and General Participants:
5 children attended this week.
Praise for Anne Doman’s new computer and it’s performance for Zoom.
Cora Prayed to receive Jesus on 1-28-21
Praise for a great start of our Virtual GNC.
Praise for a mom from the N/P/TH Virtual Club asking questions about the bible and churches to attend.
Lynn-brother and nephew recovering well from COVID.
Mary-good report from test.
Praise for GNC teachers who are plowing new fields using Zoom
“And David said, while the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether God will be gracious to me, that the child may live? But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.” (2 Samuel 12:22-23)
Jesus said: “Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven”(Matthew 19: 14)
Jesus had a special place in His heart for children. At CEF we are trying to reach the children before they are influenced by the world.
Yours in Christ,