New Prayer request:
Pray for Alyssa (Robin Berns daughter ), a doctor in New York helping COVID-19 patients.
Answer to prayer:
Praise from Thaddeus: He has recovered from his stroke and triple by-pass surgery.
Ongoing Personal Prayer Requests:
Ammie Kinsey-Team Leader Prayer for healing while battling cancer.
Pray for good health for Ethan & Ariel Anderson’s new baby to be born soon in Japan.
Pray for God’s protection and provision of a work visa for the son-in-law of one of the GNC volunteers. He is in China desiring permission to live and continue his work there for God’s glory.
Hankins family-Continued prayer for Melissa and Rebecca’s ongoing recocery.
Jay Baines (Pastor at Great Bridge Free Will Baptist) is out of ICU and recovering with COVID-19. He is our contact for his church who co-sponsors one of our ASGNC.
Shirley Colden is in critical condition with COVID-19. She is a volunteer at Lakeview.
STANDING PRAYER REQUESTS:
Tidewater CEF Committee:
A part time helper for Tracy Williams.
Prayer for Tracy as she prepares for CYIA next summer.
Someone to take over the treasurer position.
New committee members.
District Team Leaders Prayer Requests:
- God’s protection and His wisdom in reaching out to the clubbers and their families during this time.
- God’s anointing on those teaching the children the gospel message and that the children will realize God’s power through the lessons taught in each new unit.
- The Lord will give us wisdom in learning how to use Zoom efficiently in teaching the clubs.
- Parents will be open to allow their children to be a part of the Virtual Good News Clubs so that more children will attend the clubs and hear the gospel message.
- More volunteers to help with the Luxford GNC.
- God’s awakening for all.
- Power of the Holy Spirit (Zech. 4:6).
- Three more volunteers from Discover church for Hickory.
- Principal of Cooke Elementary to say yes to ASGNC.
- Favor with parents/kids to invite more kids to clubs.
- More unchurched kids to go to sponsoring churches.
- Trinity church oceanfront to sponsor Cooke Elementary.
- Pray for an unchurched family at Pembroke Elementary ASGNC Virtual who is considering joining Pembroke’s sponsor church. We are praying the whole family will be saved and plug into the church to grow in Christ.
- Praise that Everett and Matthew raised their hands to believe in Jesus at Virtual ASGNC. We pray that God will give our team discernment and wisdom as they counsel these boys.
- Pray for the Foley family as they deal will a water leak and mold.
- Pray that parents will encourage kids to participate in clubs.
- Pray for new volunteers interested in getting involved in an ASGNC.
- Pray for good health for everyone.
- Pray that volunteers will remain committed.
- Pray for expansion (new clubs) through targeted churches and schools.
- Pray that our two literature distribution students will be able to join us on line.
- Pray that I stay connected with the leaders that are not part of the virtual clubs right now..
- Pray for a team leader for Granby Elementary once we return to on site.
- Praise for a ”chance” God meeting with a former Granby clubber over Christmas break!
Team Leaders, Prayer Coordinators, Volunteers and Children Prayer Requests:
- Greenbriar ASGNC prayer requests:
Caelyn- pray for her aunt who is traveling.
Ellen-continue healing for friends who have coronavirus.
Caleb- pray for doctors and nurses that they don’t get sick so they can take care of people with the virus.
Terry- pray for a friend (And their family) who has been seriously ill for some time and is now under hospice care.
Julian-that the coronavirus will be over.
Kaeleb-that everyone will wear a mask.
For continued healing for the mother of one of the children who has been in the hospital and is now at home.
- Lakeview Elementary:
Akira- pray for her father’s eyes to get better.
Jaydon-pray for Mother
Pray for healing for Shirley who is in the hospital.
Pray for more unchurched children to be reached and discipled by CEF GNC ministry.
Pray for our country. Pray that believers in our country will “shine as lights in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, holding forth the word of life”(Phil. 2:15)
- Norfolk Highlands:
Lydia-Pray for the coronavirus to go away.
Continued prayer for Joy, Joe and Chris in doing the memory, lessons and leading the singing. Also, for Calvin as he does our Zoom meeting.
Praying for our kids to open their hearts to accept Jesus as Savior.
Praying for the children to return to clubs in the new year.
Pray that everyone will wear a mask and stay socially distanced to stop the spread of the virus.
- Kilby Shores:
Rebekah Wise. Prayer for her cousin in college who is recovering from COVID.
Jeremiah Morrison. His father’s brother passed away. He wants prayer of God’s comfort.
- Point O’View, Hermitage, and Shelton Park:
More children to be motivated and attend VGNC’s from Shelton Park and Hermitage.
That the children will be faithful in attendance.
- Pembroke, Norview and Thoroughgood:
Pray for healthy 1st grandchild for Deanna & Don Ratz.
Pray for children to call on the name of the Lord and be saved.
Pray for more students to attend.
Pray for growth in those that are saved.
- Suburban Park & Granby:
Sasha – Pray for her eco systems test.
Alyvia- Prayed to receive Christ. Pray for her spiritual growth.
- Corporate landing/Rosemont Forest:
Courtney-Her dad is in the military and in Texas until March.
Prayer for all of the families in Good News Clubs.
Essynce-She could see her cousin, her Grandma feel better, her Mom to have energy and time for Essynce.
Layla- her sick Grandmother to get better, cousin to be safe, everyday be great for her family.
Christopher- Healing for Grandmother’s wrist.
Pray for the Holy Spirit to draw Christopher to Jesus.
The VGNC’s that launched:
Granby & Suburban Combined Woodstock
Luxford Corporate Landing & Rosemont Forest Combined
Douglas Norview, Pembroke & Thoroughgood Combined
Kilby Shores Hermitage, Point O’View & Shelton Park Combined
Norfolk Highlands Greenbrier Intermediate
Prayers and Praises for this week:
Keep CEF leadership in your prayers at all levels (International, National, State and Local).
Pray for strong/honest leadership in our Federal, State and Local Governments.
Thankful for the start of a New Year.
Three children attended the first week this year.
Pembroke, Thoroughgood, Norview and General Participants:
5 children attended this week.
Praise for Anne Doman’s new computer and it’s performance for Zoom.
Praise for a great start of our Virtual GNC.
Praise for a mom from the N/P/TH Virtual Club asking questions about the bible and churches to attend.
Lynn-brother and nephew recovering well from COVID.
Mary-good report from test.
Praise for GNC teachers who are plowing new fields using Zoom
“ I cried with my whole heart; hear me, O Lord: I will keep thy statues. I cried unto thee; save me, and I shall keep thy testimonies.” (Psalm 119:145-146)
The psalmist is praying with his whole heart and mindful of being obedient.
How long has it been since you talked to the Lord
And told Him your heart’s hidden secrets?
How long since you prayed, how long since you stayed
On your knees till the light shown through?
“How long has it been” by Mosie Lister
Truly how long has it been since we have humbly cried out to the Lord and have had an honest conversation with Him?
Yours in Christ,