New prayer requests:
Pray for the Wright family. Mrs. Doris Wright passed away recently. Doris Wright was a faithful server of the Lord thru CEF for many years.
Pray for Tracy as she prepares for CYIA this summer.
Answer to prayer:
Bill Bunner will be taking over the Recording Secretary position on the committee.
All 18 VASGNC Clubs have launched since the first of the year.
Ongoing Personal Prayer Requests:
Ammie Kinsey-Team Leader Prayer for healing while battling cancer.
Thaddeus-Volunteer Prayer for recovery from triple bypass surgery and stroke.
Pray for good health for Ethan & Ariel Anderson’s new baby to be born soon in Japan.
Pray for God’s protection and provision of a work visa for the son-in-law of one of the GNC volunteers. He is in China desiring permission to live and continue his work there for God’s glory.
Hankins family-Surgery was a success. Pray for their recovery and that Rebecca’s body does not reject her sister’s kidney.
Jay Baines (Pastor at Great Bridge Free Will Baptist) is out of ICU and recovering with COVID-19. He is our contact for his church who co-sponsors one of our ASGNC.
STANDING PRAYER REQUESTS:
Tidewater CEF Committee:
A part time helper for Tracy Williams.
Prayer for Tracy as she prepares for CYIA next summer.
Someone to take over the treasurer position.
New committee members.
District Team Leaders Prayer Requests:
- God’s protection and His wisdom in reaching out to the clubbers and their families during this time.
- God’s anointing on those teaching the children the gospel message and that the children will realize God’s power through the lessons taught in the new unit.
- The Lord will give us wisdom in learning how to use Zoom efficiently in teaching the clubs.
- Parents will be open to allow their children to be a part of the Virtual Good News Clubs so that more children will attend the clubs and hear the gospel message.
- More volunteers to help with the Luxford GNC.
- God’s awakening for all.
- Power of the Holy Spirit (Zech. 4:6).
- Three more volunteers from Discover church for Hickory.
- Principal of Cooke Elementary to say yes to ASGNC.
- Favor with parents/kids to invite more kids to clubs.
- More unchurched kids to go to sponsoring churches.
- Trinity church oceanfront to sponsor Cooke Elementary.
- Pray for an unchurched family at Pembroke Elementary ASGNC Virtual who is considering joining Pembroke’s sponsor church. We are praying the whole family will be saved and plug into the church to grow in Christ.
- Praise that Everett and Matthew raised their hands to believe in Jesus at Virtual ASGNC. We pray that God will give our team discernment and wisdom as they counsel these boys.
- Pray for the Foley family as they deal will a water leak and mold.
- Pray that parents will encourage kids to participate in clubs.
- Pray for new volunteers interested in getting involved in an ASGNC.
- Pray for good health for everyone.
- Pray that volunteers will remain committed.
- Pray for expansion (new clubs) through targeted churches and schools.
- Pray that our two literature distribution students will be able to join us on line.
- Pray that I stay connected with the leaders that are not part of the virtual clubs right now..
- Pray for a team leader for Granby Elementary once we return to on site.
Team Leaders, Prayer Coordinators, Volunteers and Children Prayer Requests:
- Greenbriar ASGNC prayer requests:
Caelyn- pray for her aunt who is traveling.
Ellen-continue healing for friends who have coronavirus.
Caleb- pray for doctors and nurses that they don’t get sick so they can take care of people with the virus.
Terry- pray for a friend (And their family) who has been seriously ill for some time and is now under hospice care.
Julian-that the coronavirus will be over.
Kaeleb-that everyone will wear a mask.
For continued healing for the mother of one of the children who has been in the hospital and is now at home.
- Lakeview Elementary:
Akira- pray for her father’s eyes to get better.
Jaydon-pray for Mother
Pray for healing for Shirley who is in the hospital.
Pray for more unchurched children to be reached and discipled by CEF GNC ministry.
Pray for our country. Pray that believers in our country will “shine as lights in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, holding forth the word of life”(Phil. 2:15)
- Norfolk Highlands:
Lydia-Pray for the coronavirus to go away.
Continued prayer for Joy, Joe and Chris in doing the memory, lessons and leading the singing. Also, for Calvin as he does our Zoom meeting.
Praying for our kids to open their hearts to accept Jesus as Savior.
Praying for the children to return to clubs in the new year.
Pray that everyone will wear a mask and stay socially distanced to stop the spread of the virus.
Pray for God to bless our nation as we transition the Office of President and Vice-President from President Trump and Vice-President Pence to President-elect Biden and Vice-President-elect Harris.
- Kilby Shores:
Rebekah’s friend Haley has an uncle who is sick and needs prayer.
Jeremiah’s friend Ryan lost his grandmother and needs prayer for the family.
Trinity lost her grandmother this summer who used to bring her to GNC last year.
- Point O’View, Hermitage, and Shelton Park:
More children to be motivated and attend VGNC’s from Shelton Park and Hermitage.
That the children will be faithful in attendance.
- Pembroke, Norview and Thoroughgood:
Pray for healthy 1st grandchild for Deanna & Don Ratz.
Pray for children to call on the name of the Lord and be saved.
Pray for more students to attend.
Pray for growth in those that are saved.
- Suburban Park & Granby:
Sasha – Pray for my mom and dad,
Alyvia- Prayed to receive Christ. Pray for her spiritual growth.
- Corporate landing/Rosemont Forest:
Courtney-Her dad is in the military and in Texas until March.
Prayer for all of the families in Good News Clubs.
The VGNC’s that launched:
Granby & Suburban Combined Woodstock
Luxford Corporate Landing & Rosemont Forest Combined
Douglas Norview, Pembroke & Thoroughgood Combined
Kilby Shores Hermitage, Point O’View & Shelton Park Combined
Norfolk Highlands Greenbrier Intermediate
Prayers and Praises for this week:
Pray that the current distribution of the two vaccines will get to those who need it most.
Pray for those who are in charge of our government that will make decisions for the good of our country.
Thankful for the start of a New Year.
Three children attended the first week this year.
Pembroke, Thoroughgood, Norview and General Participants:
5 children attended the first week of the New Year.
Praise for Anne Doman’s new computer and it’s performance for Zoom.
Praise for a great start of our Virtual GNC.
Praise for a mom from the N/P/TH Virtual Club asking questions about the bible and churches to attend.
Lynn-brother and nephew recovering well from COVID.
Mary-good report from test.
Praise for GNC teachers who are plowing new fields using Zoom
Jesus said: “Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.” (John 15:13-14)
Hallelujah! What a Savior!
Hallelujah! What a Friend!
Saving, helping, keeping, loving,
He is with me to the end.
“Jesus! What a friend for Sinners” J. Wilbar Chapman 1910
Could we asked for a greater friend than Jesus? He is with us before we are even born, to the end of our lives and beyond.
Yours in Christ,