Praise and Prayer:
Gene and Lynn Richley-successful surgeries, recovering at home
Ongoing Personal Prayer Requests:
Ammie Kinsey-Team Leader Prayer for healing while battling cancer.
Thaddeus-Volunteer Prayer for recovery from triple bypass surgery and stroke.
Pray for good health for Ethan & Ariel Anderson’s new baby to be born soon in Japan.
Pray for God’s protection and provision of a work visa for the son-in-law of one of the GNC volunteers. He is in China desiring permission to live and continue his work there for God’s glory.
Prayer for Tracy Williams- Ongoing closing and move.
Hankins family-Surgery was a success. Pray for their recovery and that Rebecca’s body does not reject her sister’s kidney.
Jay Baines (Pastor at Great Bridge Free Will Baptist) is in ICU with COVID-19. He is our contact for his church who co-sponsors one of our ASGNC.
STANDING PRAYER REQUESTS:
Tidewater CEF Committee:
A part time helper for Tracy Williams.
Someone to take over the treasurer position.
Someone to take over the recording secretary position.
New committee members.
District Team Leaders Prayer Requests:
- God’s protection, His provision, and His wisdom in effective ways to reach others for Him during this time..
- God’s anointing on those teaching the children the gospel message.
- During this unit being taught the children will realize how valuable they are to God and how much He loves them.
- Power of the Holy Spirit (Zech. 4:6).
- Three more volunteers from Discover church for Hickory.
- Principal of Cooke Elementary to say yes to ASGNC.
- Pray for an unchurched family at Pembroke Elementary ASGNC Virtual who is considering joining Pembroke’s sponsor church. We are praying the whole family will be saved and plug into the church to grow in Christ.
- Praise that Everett and Matthew raised their hands to believe in Jesus at Virtual ASGNC. We pray that God will give our team discernment and wisdom as they counsel these boys.
- Pray for the Foley family as they deal will a water leak and mold.
- Pray that parents will encourage kids to participate in clubs.
- Pray for two volunteers interested in starting an ASGNC.
- Pray they will agree to sponsor and/or follow through with process to begin club, e.g. Recruit volunteers.
- Pray for the ongoing combined Sub Park/Granby GNC that kicked off on Thursday ,Oct. 22, especially for the technology involved!
- Pray for outreach to a neighbor girl, Caroline; unable to attend club on Thursday’s, but mom wanted a bible for her, weekly Quiet Time sheets, and a link to weekly lessons.
- Pray for the potential outreach to Granby and Willard Model through the YMCA Daycare program, That GNC leaders and church members can have this connection with YMCA staff and students..
Team Leaders, Prayer Coordinators, Volunteers and Children Prayer Requests:
- Greenbriar ASGNC prayer requests:
Caelyn- pray for her aunt who is traveling.
Brianna- that everyone will have a great Christmas.
Ellen-continue healing for friends who have coronavirus.
Caleb- pray for doctors and nurses that they don’t get sick so they can take care of people with the virus.
Terry- pray for a friend (And their family) who has been seriously ill for some time and is now under hospice care.
Julian-that the coronavirus will be over.
Kaeleb-that everyone will wear a mask.
For continued healing for the mother of one of the children who has been in the hospital and is now at home.
- Lakeview Elementary:
Akira- pray for her uncle and her dad’s eyes.
Sybil-pray for her dad’s legs and for her Mom.
Shirley- pray for a good report from CT scan. Volunteer
Bettie- pray for good transition and experience as niece moves in with her. Volunteer
Lynn-cousin passed, pray for the family. Volunteer
James- pray for his health.
Velma-pray for aunt-in-law and sister-in-law who have COVID.
pray that more unreached/unchurched children will be reached thru Good news Clubs.
Destiny-pray for her Mom, she is a nurse.
- Norfolk Highlands:
Elijah-Continue to pray for healing of grandmother’s foot after surgery. She fell and opened a couple of stitches.
Lydia-Pray for the coronavirus to go away.
Continued prayer for Joy, Joe and Chris in doing the memory, lessons and leading the singing. Also, for Calvin as he does our Zoom meeting.
Katouri-Pray for a deer that was hit by a car. No one was injured in the car.
Praying for our kids to open their hearts to accept Jesus as Savior.
Pray for safe and health holidays for this Christmas season, and that everyone will wear a mask and stay socially distanced to stop the spread of the virus.
Pray for God to bless our nation as we transition the Office of President and Vice-President from President Trump and Vice-President Pence to President-elect Biden and Vice-President-elect Harris.
- Kilby Shores:
Rebekah’s friend Haley has an uncle who is sick and needs prayer.
Jeremiah’s friend Ryan lost his grandmother and needs prayer for the family.
Trinity lost her grandmother this summer who used to bring her to GNC last year.
- Point O’View, Hermitage, and Shelton Park:
More children to be motivated and attend VGNC’s from Shelton Park and Hermitage.
That the children will be faithful in attendance.
- Pembroke, Norview and Thoroughgood:
Pray for healthy 1st grandchild for Deanna & Don Ratz.
Pray the children will read daily bible verse from the December 2020 Scripture Calendar.
Pray for ministries in Norview & Five Points to feed the hungry.
Pray for children to call on the name of the Lord and be saved.
Pray for more students to attend.
Pray for growth in those that are saved.
- Suburban Park & Granby:
Sasha – Pray for my mom and dad,
Alyvia- Prayed to receive Christ. Pray for her spiritual growth.
- Corporate landing/Rosemont Forest:
Courtney-Her dad is in the military and in Texas until March.
Prayer for all of the families in Good News Clubs.
All eighteen of the VGNC’s have launched:
Granby & Suburban Combined Woodstock
Luxford Corporate Landing & Rosemont Forest Combined
Douglas Norview, Pembroke & Thoroughgood Combined
Kilby Shores Hermitage, Point O’View & Shelton Park Combined
Norfolk Highlands Greenbrier Intermediate
Pray for the continuation of all the virtual clubs this week and during the Holiday season.
Prayers and Praises for this week:
Pray that the distribution of the Pfizer vaccine will be well coordinated with few difficulties.
Pray that the Pfizer vaccine will be effective with minimal complications.
6 children again attended this week.
The children were thankful for their parents, family, friends, school and most of all for Jesus.
Children are participating in the lesson, by reading Bible verse from the Bible story.
We were really encouraged with the new attendees this week and they wasted no time getting involved.
They were given a short quiz on what they retained and did well when enticed with candy rewards.
Pembroke, Thoroughgood, Norview and General Participants:
Praise for Anne Doman’s new computer and it’s performance for Zoom.
Praise God for the attendance of 5 children this week.
Praise for a great start of our Virtual GNC.
Praise for a mom from the N/P/TH Virtual Club asking questions about the bible and churches to attend.
Praise for 5 children in attendance Wednesday.
Lynn-brother and nephew recovering well from COVID.
Mary-good report from test.
Praise for a few more children joining our virtual club.
Praise for GNC teachers who are plowing new fields using Zoom
“ For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul”(Leviticus 17:11)Jesus said in John 14:6 “I am the way and the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except by me”
It is not amazing that Jesus Christ (God/Man) sacrificed Himself through the shedding of His blood (Foretold in the Old Testament) but covers our sins (As shown in the New Testament) with the same life force (Blood) that allows us to survive. And through His sacrifice we are able to be in the presence of the Father in Heaven, where only a sinless person may go.
Yours in Christ,