I hope everyone had a safe and joyful Thanksgiving.
Ongoing Personal Prayer Requests:
Carolyn & Charles Hankins (GRVA CEF Chapter) daughters, Melissa (Kidney recipient), Rebecca (Donor). Surgery was on November 18th. No results yet.
Ammie Kinsey-Team Leader Prayer for healing while battling cancer. Improving
Thaddeus-Volunteer Prayer for recovery from triple bypass surgery and stroke.
Pray for good health for Ethan & Ariel Anderson’s new baby to be born soon in Japan.
Pray for God’s protection and provision of a work visa for the son-in-law of one of the GNC volunteers. He is in China desiring permission to live and continue his work there for God’s glory.
Prayer for Tracy Williams- Ongoing closing and move.
Prayer for Gene Richley – Surgery on December 4th for aortic aneurysm.
STANDING PRAYER REQUESTS:
Tidewater CEF Committee:
A part time helper for Tracy Williams.
Someone to take over the treasurer position.
Someone to take over the recording secretary position.
New committee members.
District Team Leaders Prayer Requests:
- God’s protection, His provision, and His wisdom in effective ways to reach others for Him during this time..
- God’s anointing on those teaching the children the gospel message.
- During this unit being taught the children will realize how valuable they are to God and how much He loves them.
- Power of the Holy Spirit (Zech. 4:6).
- Three more volunteers from Discover church for Hickory.
- Principal of Cooke Elementary to say yes to ASGNC.
- Pray that parents will encourage kids to participate in clubs.
- Pray for two volunteers interested in starting ASGNC.
- Pray they will agree to sponsor and/or follow through with process to begin club, e.g. Recruit volunteers.
- Pray for the ongoing combined Sub Park/Granby GNC that kicked off on Thursday ,Oct. 22, especially for the technology involved!
- Pray for outreach to a neighbor girl, Caroline; unable to attend club on Thursday’s, but mom wanted a bible for her, weekly Quiet Time sheets, and a link to weekly lessons.
- Pray for the potential outreach to Granby and Willard Model through the YMCA Daycare program, That GNC leaders and church members can have this connection with YMCA staff and students..
Team Leaders, Prayer Coordinators and Volunteers Prayer Requests:
- Greenbriar ASGNC prayer requests:
Kaelyn- pray for people with coronavirus.
Brianna- pray that everyone is OK and maybe get together for Thanksgiving.
Ellen-that more children would join the club.
Caleb- pray for doctors and nurses that they don’t get sick so they can take care of people with the virus.
Terry- pray for a friend (And their family) who has been seriously ill for some time and is now under hospice care..
- Lakeview Elementary:
Akira- pray for her dad’s eyes.
Sybil-pray for her dad’s legs and for her Mom (Volunteer Prayer Request).
Shirley- pray for friend whose cancer has returned.
pray for Shirley’s sister who is hospitalized.
Bettie- pray for wisdom and physical strength for Christine
pray for strength for Kelly to do what she needs to do
James- pray for his health
- Norfolk Highlands:
Pray for our kids to open their hearts to accept Jesus as Savior.
Continued prayer for Joy, Joe and Chris in doing the memory, lessons and leading the singing. Also, for Calvin as he does our Zoom meeting.
Pray for Katouri’s sister, she is not feeling well.
Pray for more children to sign up for clubs.
- Kilby Shores:
Pray that our two new students who attended our ASGNC using ZOOM, will be encouraged and keep returning (Rebekah & Joseph).
Rebekah’s friend Haley has an uncle who is sick and needs prayer.
Jeremiah’s friend Ryan lost his grandmother and needs prayer for the family.
Trinity lost her grandmother this summer who used to bring her to GNC last year.
- Point O’View, Hermitage, and Shelton Park:
More children to be motivated and attend VGNC’s from Shelton Park and Hermitage.
That the children will be faithful in attendance.
- Pembroke, Norview and Thoroughgood:
Pray that the children bring their Bibles for sword drills
Pray for improved internet connections for all Zoom participants.
Pray for Virginia Beach schools as they return to Zoom academic classes and virtual learning.
Pray for children to call on the name of the Lord and be saved.
Pray for more students to join the virtual club.
Pray for those signed up will remember to join each week.
- Suburban Park & Granby:
Sasha – Pray for my mom and dad,
Alyvia – Prayed to receive Christ in club last week. Pray for her spiritual growth.
- Corporate landing/Rosemont Forest:
Courtney-Her dad is in the military and in Texas until March.
Prayer for all of the families in Good News Clubs.
All eighteen of the VGNC’s have launched:
Granby & Suburban Combined Woodstock
Luxford Corporate Landing & Rosemont Forest Combined
Douglas Norview, Pembroke & Thoroughgood Combined
Kilby Shores Hermitage, Point O’View & Shelton Park Combined
Norfolk Highlands Greenbrier Intermediate
Pray for the continuation of all the virtual clubs this week and during the Holiday season.
Prayers and Praises for this week:
Pray that the Pfizer vaccine will be approved by the FDA and will be an effective deterrent against COVID-19.
Pray for our country and the world as the COVID-19 virus cases have increased.
The children were thankful for their parents, family, friends, school and most of all for Jesus.
Children are participating in the lesson, by reading Bible verse from the Bible story.
We were really encouraged with the new attendees this week and they wasted no time getting involved.
They were given a short quiz on what they retained and did well when enticed with candy rewards.
Pembroke, Thoroughgood, Norview and General Participants:
Praise for return of Camren Hester with good internet connection.
Praise for Anne Doman’s new computer and it’s performance for Zoom.
Praise for the excellent participation of the 9 children.
Praise for a great start of our Virtual GNC.
Praise for a mom from the N/P/TH Virtual Club asking questions about the bible and churches to attend.
Praise for 4 children in attendance Wednesday.
Praise for GNC teachers who are plowing new fields using Zoom
A stanza from an Old Hymn (“My Faith has Found a Resting Place”) by Andre Ernest Modeste Gretry
My faith has found a resting place, Not in device nor creed;
I trust the Ever-living One, His wounds for me shall plead.
I need no other argument, I need no other plea,
It is enough that Jesus died, And that He died for me.
Praise and thanksgiving to our Lord who loves us.
Yours in Christ,