New prayer requests.
Prayer for Point O ’View volunteer Sheila Welch and her family for the passing of her step-mom.
Pray for Tracy Williams for a smooth move and closing on her home this week.
Ongoing Personal Prayer Requests:
Carolyn & Charles Hankins (GRVA CEF Chapter) daughters, Melissa (Kidney recipient) & Rebecca (Kidney donor) has a physical issue delaying surgery. Pray this clears up.
Ammie Kinsey-Team Leader Prayer for healing while battling cancer. Improving
Thaddeus-Volunteer Prayer for recovery from triple bypass surgery and stroke.
Pray for good health for Ethan & Ariel Anderson’s new baby to be born soon in Japan.
Pray for God’s protection and provision of a work visa for the son-in-law of one of the GNC volunteers. He is in China desiring permission to live and continue his work there for God’s glory.
STANDING PRAYER REQUESTS:
Tidewater CEF Committee:
A part time helper for Tracy Williams.
Someone to take over the treasurer position.
Someone to take over the recording secretary position.
New committee members.
District Team Leaders Prayer Requests:
- God’s awakening for all.
- The Lord will give us wisdom in learning how to use Zoom efficiently in teaching the clubs.
- Parents will be open to allowing their children to be part of the virtual Good News Clubs.
- More unchurched kids to go to sponsoring churches.
- Favor with parents/kids to join Virtual GNC’S this fall.
- Trinity church oceanfront to sponsor Cooke Elementary.
- That pastors/sponsors will not look at what’s taking place today as a stumbling block to commit/sponsoring a club in the future.
- That ASGNC Booker T, Washington will be able to pick up material from school now that they are back in session..
- Pray that someone on the Douglas Park Team will take on the responsibility of administrator for the GNC.
- Pray for the combined Sub Park/Granby GNC that kicked off on Thursday ,Oct. 22, especially for the technology involved!
- Pray for two former clubbers and one neighborhood girl who goes to Granby to connect and attend the virtual club.
- Pray for the potential outreach to Granby and Willard Model through the YMCA Daycare program, That GNC leaders and church members can have this connection with YMCA staff and students..
Team Leaders, Prayer Coordinators and Volunteers Prayer Requests:
- Greenbriar ASGNC prayer requests:
Kaelyn- pray for people with coronavirus.
Brianna- pray for safety for our families.
Ellen-that more children would join the club.
Caleb- pray for doctors and nurses that they don’t get sick so they can take care of people with the virus.
Terry- for a friend who is in the hospital with serious health issues.
- Lakeview Elementary:
Akira- pray for her dad’s eyes.
Sybil-pray for her dad’s legs and for her Mom (Volunteer Prayer Request).
Shirley- pray for friend whose cancer has returned.
pray for Shirley’s sister who is hospitalized.
Bettie- pray for wisdom and physical strength for Christine
pray for strength for Kelly to do what she needs to do
James- pray for his health
- Norfolk Highlands:
Elijah – her grandmother recovering from foot surgery.
Isabella and Julia – pray for their parents and praises to God.
Pray for more children to sign up.
Pray for our election and a peaceful transition of power if there is a change in the Presidency.
- Kilby Shores:
Pray that our two new students who attended our ASGNC using ZOOM, will be encouraged and keep returning (Rebekah & Joseph).
Rebekah’s friend Haley has an uncle who is sick and needs prayer.
Jeremiah’s friend Ryan lost his grandmother and needs prayer for the family.
Trinity lost her grandmother this summer who used to bring her to GNC last year.
- Point O’View, Hermitage, and Shelton Park:
More children to be motivated and attend VGNC’s from Shelton Park and Hermitage.
That the children will be faithful in attendance.
- Pembroke, Norview and Thoroughgood:
Pray that the children bring their Bibles for sword drills
That the Lord will protect our children from the corona virus.
To remember and trust Jesus always.
Pray for children to call on the name of the Lord and be saved.
Pray for more students to join the virtual club.
Pray for those signed up will remember to join each week.
All eighteen of the VGNC’s have launched:
Granby & Suburban Combined Woodstock
Luxford Corporate Landing & Rosemont Forest Combined
Douglas Norview, Pembroke & Thoroughgood Combined
Kilby Shores Hermitage, Point O’View & Shelton Park Combined
Norfolk Highlands Greenbrier Intermediate
Pray for the continuation of all the virtual clubs this week.
Prayers and Praises for this week:
Pray Little Creek Elementary will start a GNC with Little Creek Church as the co-sponsor.
Park Place will start a GNC.
Have 12 children enrolled in club.
6 children attended.
Lydia and Joel, praise for their grandmother’s birthday.
We were really encouraged with the new attendees this week and they wasted no time getting involved.
They were given a short quiz on what they retained and did well when enticed with candy rewards.
Praise for GNC teachers who are plowing new fields using Zoom
“I exhort therefore, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men.” (1 Timothy 2:1)
We are exhorted by Paul to pray and intercede for everyone (Including those in leadership), even those we do not like or care about. God wants all to be saved and in fellowship with Him.
Yours in Christ,