Prayer request praise: Bruce Mengel’s granddaughter, Olivia did not have surgery, is back in school and future medical/health issues to be determined.
New prayer requests.
Pray for Trinity (Kilby Shores GNC-6 years old) who lost her Grandmother this past summer and still impacts her today.
Ongoing Personal Prayer Requests:
Carolyn & Charles Hankins (GRVA CEF Chapter) daughters, Melissa (Kidney recipient) & Rebecca (Kidney donor) has a physical issue delaying surgery. Pray this clears up.
Ammie Kinsey-Team Leader Prayer for healing while battling cancer. Improving
Thaddeus-Volunteer Prayer for recovery from triple bypass surgery and stroke.
Pray for good health for Ethan & Ariel Anderson’s new baby to be born soon in Japan.
Pray for God’s protection and provision of a work visa for the son-in-law of one of the GNC volunteers. He is in China desiring permission to live and continue his work there for God’s glory.
STANDING PRAYER REQUESTS:
Tidewater CEF Committee:
A part time helper for Tracy Williams.
Someone to take over the treasurer position.
Someone to take over the recording secretary position.
New committee members.
District Team Leaders Prayer Requests:
- God’s awakening for all.
- The Lord will give us wisdom in learning how to use Zoom efficiently in teaching the clubs.
- Parents will be open to allowing their children to be part of the virtual Good News Clubs.
- More unchurched kids to go to sponsoring churches.
- Favor with parents/kids to join Virtual GNC’S this fall.
- Trinity church oceanfront to sponsor Cooke Elementary.
- That pastors/sponsors will not look at what’s taking place today as a stumbling block to commit/sponsoring a club in the future.
- That ASGNC Booker T, Washington will be able to pick up material from school now that they are back in session..
- Pray that someone on the Douglas Park Team will take on the responsibility of administrator for the GNC.
- Pray for the combined Sub Park/Granby GNC that kicked off on Thursday ,Oct. 22, especially for the technology involved!
- Pray for two former clubbers and one neighborhood girl who goes to Granby to connect and attend the virtual club.
- Pray for the potential outreach to Granby and Willard Model through the YMCA Daycare program, That GNC leaders and church members can have this connection with YMCA staff and students..
Team Leaders and Prayer Coordinators Prayer Requests:
- Greenbriar ASGNC prayer requests:
Julian-that the Coronavirus would go away
Brianna-that people that are sick with the virus will get better.
Ellen-that more children would join the club.
Terry- for a friend who is in the hospital with serious health issues.
- Lakeview Elementary:
Akira- pray for her dad’s eyes.
Sybil-pray for her dad’s legs and for her Mom Volunteer Prayer Request.
Shirley- pray for friend whose cancer has returned.
pray for Shirley’s sister who is hospitalized.
Bettie- pray for wisdom and physical strength for Christine
pray for strength for Kelly to do what she needs to do
James- pray for his health
- Norfolk Highlands:
Pray for more children to sign up.
Elijah – her grandmother to have leg surgery soon.
Isabella – more books to read, newer laptop computer and a pet dog.
- Kilby Shores:
Possibility of two new students next week.
Praise for how the children are responding to prayer requests.
Jeremiah – prayer for the loss of his little sister and to keep his family safe.
- Point O’View, Hermitage, and Shelton Park:
More children to be motivated and attend VGNC’s from Shelton Park and Hermitage.
That the children will be faithful in attendance.
- Pembroke, Norview and Thoroughgood:
Pray that the children bring their Bibles for sword drills
That the Lord will protect our children from the corona virus.
To remember and trust Jesus always.
Let us be in prayer for the launching and continuation of the virtual GNC clubs in the following schools:
Granby & Suburban Combined Woodstock
Luxford Corporate Landing & Rosemont Forest Combined
Douglas Norview, Pembroke & Thoroughgood Combined
Kilby Shores Hermitage, Point O’View & Shelton Park Combined
Norfolk Highlands Greenbrier Intermediate
Pray for the virtual launch of new schools this week.
Pray for the continuation of all the virtual clubs this week.
Prayers and Praises for this week:
- Pray for more students to sign up for the clubs..
- Pray for our DTL’s, TL’s, Prayer Coordinators and volunteers as they diligently serve the Lord.
- 10 children enrolled.
- 6 children attended first club, October 26, 2020.
- Only minor issues occurred during club, working to resolve.
Praise for GNC teachers who are plowing new fields using Zoom
“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.” (John 10: 27)
“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pasture; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake”( Psalm 23: 1-3)
In John 10, Jesus makes it clear who follows Him, who does not follow Him and what His followers can expect (Eternal life). In Psalm 23, we get a picture of how God will guide our lives if we follow Him.
Yours in Christ,